HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR COATED DENIM
Coated denim is fast becoming our go-to wardrobe arsenal when we want to pull off the effortlessly sharp look. Whether you are after a traditional coated jean, or a Biker Jean to stand-out, we have something that you will love this season. But once the all-important purchase has been made, our customers want to know – how do we keep them looking brand new?
There are all sorts of myths surrounding how one should maintain their denim. From icing them for 2 days in the freezer, to beating them with a stick on the riverbed, most of them are fairly farfetched. We guarantee you one thing though – the day will come when you will eventually have to wash those jeans.
Gentlemen, we all know our aversion to reading instructions is real, and while your furniture may look like the picture on the box without you reading the instructions, we promise you that without instructions your coated jeans won’t look how you bought them for long. They are called care instructions for a reason – make sure you show your coated denim some tender love and care.
And here is what you do:
- As with all denim, wash your denim jeans as infrequently as possible. This way the colour will not fade as quickly and they will keep their snug fit for longer.
- If you do happen to spill something on them, the beauty of the coating means it generally won’t stain. Wipe it off with a damp cloth, and continue on with your day.
- Cold hand washing is always preferred, so if you have the time your jeans will thank you in the long run.
- If you choose to throw them in the wash, put them through a cold gentle cycle. Make sure you turn them inside out to maintain the coating, as well as putting them in a garment bag.
- Never tumble dry your denim and always dry flat.